Friday, July 12, 2013

SDR-radio.com and SDR# do not recognize RTL based tuner.

That story begins when I decided to start SDR radio on my laptop. I bought DVB-T USB tuner, based on RTL2832U chip, downloaded software and start playing. Zadig driver installed without any problems, but sdr software was unable to find my tuner.
I have tried different versions of zadig drivers, all of them installed with succes. Different versions of sdr software and different .dll's, but result was always the same - when I tried to start sdr software it did not saw tuner.

After some research and internet browsing I found that problem relays to libusbx, and NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 chip users should upgrade their drivers to version 2.1.16.0 or later. There is a bug in older versions that prevents libusbx from accessing devices. Unfortunatelly my laptop (HP EliteBook 8460p) has that USB 3.0 chip.

Problem was resolved by downloading new driver from HP. After installation I tried to start SDR#, but again with no luck. Though driver's installer reported, that installation was successful, but after looking in driver's properties I recognized that old drivers still in use. So I manually updated driver (Device manager -> Update Driver Software... -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Choose folder with drivers files). After that software was able to detect tuner.

Hope it will help someone to avoid dificulties with configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment