Thursday, July 11, 2013

How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012


The problem was that the .NET Framework 3.5 was a requirement, and I was unable to install it from the Server Manager.This is the problem I ran in to when trying to add the feature:
“Do you want to specify an alternate source path? One or more installation selections are missing source files…”
Bug when adding .net framework 3.5 in Server 2012
Apparently, there’s a bug in Windows Server 2012 when trying to add the .NET Framework 3.5 from Server Manager. In order to get it to work, I had to enable the feature via the Command Prompt.
This is the command that I had to type:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /all /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Note: Source should be the Windows installation disc. In my case, this was located on D:
Bug when adding .net framework 3.5 in Server 2012
After running this command, .NET Framework 3.5 was enabled and I was able to install SQL Server 2008 R2

1 comment: